Senior Researcher, Junior
Consultant, PhD MD
- IOC Research Center Copenhagen, Sports Orthopedic Research Center - Copenhagen (SORC-C), Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Copenhagen University Hospital, Amager-Hvidovre.
- Danish Association of Sports Medicine.
Due to a former career as active sportsman and the experience of tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in both knees Kristoffer was focused to become a sports surgeon from the start of his career.
Kristoffer completed his medical studies in 2006, finished his surgical training in 2014 and passed the exam as a Certified Sports physician in 2015. Since, he subspecialized in arthroscopic surgery and sports traumatology through Fellowships at Sealand University hospital Koge, Institute for Sports Medicine Copenhagen (ISMC) at Copenhagen University Hospital Bispebjerg and at OthoSport Victoria in Melbourne, Australia, where he was trained in advanced knee surgery by Professor Julian Feller.
Parallel to his training he completed a PhD study entitled ‘Achilles tendon rupture; Assessment of non-operative treatment’ for which he was awarded the price ‘Best PhD of the Year 2014’ by the Danish Orthopedic Society.
Kristoffer is an active researcher leading ongoing projects concerning shoulder, knee and Achilles tendon injuries. He was chair for the Scientific Committee for the Danish Sports Medicine Congress for the years 2016 and 2017 and is member of the scientific committee of the Danish Orthopedic Society.
Kristoffer is president of the Danish Association for Sports Medicine.
- Achilles tendon disorders
- Patello-femoral disorders
- MRI assessment of trochlear dysplasia
- Sub-acromial impingement syndrome
- Acromio-clavicular dislocations
- Joint preserving treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee in the sports active patient
- Adipose derived stem cells and Autologous, Microfragmented Adipose Tissue
- Ultrasonographic assessment of tendon quality and length.
- Individualized treatment of acute Achilles tendon rupture.
- The Danish Achilles Tendon Database (DADB)
- Patellofemoral luxation – Epidemiology, diagnosis and individualized treatment
- Development of individualized treatment for sub-acromial impingement syndrome
- Acute acromio-clavicular dislocation – epidemiology, spontaneous healing and prognostic factors for a good result
- Joint preserving treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee in the sports active patient.
- Research methodology, Danish Orthopedic Society
- Basic ultrasound, Young Orthopedics Danish Association
- Shoulder problems in general practice, Danish Association for General Practitioners
- Achilles tendon rupture, several settings.
More than 50 conference talks on various subjects.
- PhD 'Achilles tendon rupture; Assessment of non-operative treatment'.