Since you have previously had a caesarean section, you will be invited for a consultation with an obstetrician about 20 weeks into your pregnancy. Together, you will try to decide how you want to give birth this time. If you need additional consultations this will be arranged.
What is important to you?
Find answers to some of your questions and perhaps define what is important to you. This will make you prepared for your doctor's appointment, where you decide what you wish for this delivery.
Questions and answers
We would like to answer any questions you may have after your previous caesarean section. Both the practical questions:
- What does a vaginal delivery mean for me and my child?
- What does a repeat delivery by caesarean section mean for me and my child?
- And the more personal questions such as:
- What is important to me in regards to my next delivery?
- How long will it take for me to recover?
- What will I be most comfortable with?
- How do I find out what is best for me and my child in this situation?
- How do I get answers to my questions and more information?